Suzuki Music SA is governed by a Council of up to 12 members, 4 teacher and 3 parent representatives.
The AGM is held each year and people are welcome to put forward their nominations at this time. Sub-committees are created as needed to provide focus on a specific area. Both Sub-committees and Council meet quarterly.
The role of the council is to:
- Discuss and approve strategic direction
- Monitor the performance of the organisation
- Monitor communication with all stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with policies, laws and regulations
- Coordinate subcommittees to manage events
- Ensure member benefits remain relevant and valued
If you have any suggestions or can assist in any way, either as a council member or volunteer on a subcommittee, please do not hesitate to contact a member of the Council or our office on (08) 8277 2766.
Suzuki Music SA is affiliated with the Pan Pacific Suzuki Association, a branch of the International Suzuki Association
We are also affiliated with the The Music Teachers’ Association of South Australia Inc. Several of our teachers are individual members.
Council and Office Bearers
Anne ApThomas, President
Therese O’Brien, Vice President
Kylie Mahony, Secretary
Ann Vanden Driesen
Joan Mahony, Treasurer